Wednesday 13 April 2016

The Big Bungalow

The big bungalow stood there
My pride, it showed to everyone
The hardwork for past 20 years
And the blessings of the mighty one


I was 19 when i started off
For attaining the title of Rich
Day and night i fought for it
To never get off that pitch


I made my group and entered
A few of the men under me
All were dedicated for the work
But... i never got any satisfactory


I bought myself a bungalow
My pride, it showed to everyone
The hardwork for past 20 years
And the blessings of the mighty one


Slowly slowly, i fastened my pace
My bank account beginning for praise
The most expensive car was next
My checklist for another pinch of grace


Then i married the most gorgeous
Alas! She knew nothing more than beauty
But i never cared for that matter
As far i knew, i had one more of a duty


I lived in a fantasy of richness
Spending my dollar like a mad
Saved not single penny
And treated my men like insane


I earned and i spent
On Champaign, Wine and beer
On beauty and on shares
Check! Gambling was so dear!


It was 20th of march in winters
The calender marked it Friday
That was when i lost the biggest bet
When gambling dear, promised the worst day


That was the day I lost everything i had
Only left with an empty bungalow
My darling had left me alone
And my workmen left quiet ago


Atleast i was left with a shelter
To hide myself and my tears
Grieve whole life for the wrong i did
And hide it under the blanket of pearls


I remembered how i escaped from house
To find the best job to earn
I never listened to my father's love
And never understood why he stopped


My mother wished i become an artist
My paintings were always her love
But i had always earned for money
Killing all the dreams my parents saw


I realized how wrong i did
To all the dedicated workmen i had
Punishing them, to cool down my aggression
Without no fault they listened. How bad!


All i thought was only of money
Nothing before that, nothing beyond that
And now i had to live all by myself
No love to wipe the tears, no shoulder to cry


The big bungalow stood there
All my mistakes it showed to all
The wrong i did for past 20 years
Selling it off now,what a great fall!!


The big bungalow stood there
It sheltered a happy family now,
I stood there, infront of it
With a palate and a white paper to draw....


Shambhavi

No comments:

Post a Comment