Sunday 13 September 2015

LIFE:- the unexpected, remembering the 9/11 attack

It happened yesterday, that I realized this life is so unexpected and surprising. anything can happen anytime, with anyone. I realized the value of my family, my friends, all my close ones...

I opened the television yesterday. Discovery, Nat Geo, Fox Traveler, happen to be on the list of my favorite channels. so I randomly switched to Nat Geo.
Heading;- 9/11
the 9/11 video by nat geo

I realized its a documentary on the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center in New York. they had explained it how the two terrorists made their plans to hijack the two airplanes, hit the two towers and make thousands of lives towards the death valley.

The towers being destructed by the planes

In 2001, I was hardly 4-5 year old. I have heard about terrorist attacks all over the world. how brutally, without thinking they kill the innocent lives. I heard about the attacks happened in Delhi, the capital of India. the pictures and videos were horrifying. but this documentary on Nat Geo, made me realize the pain people feel when they loose their near and dear ones.

One of the gentleman, whose sister was residing in one of the towers, happened to be the victim of the incident. I watched the video made by one of the students of New York University, residing in a nearby building. the planes hit the two towers one by one, and slowly after sometime, even before people could escape the building, the towers came down...

All buried beneath the towers...
The remains of the towers
The gentleman was quiet. he couldn't speak as he had tears thinking about his sister, who had gone forever... the feeling, to bring that person just once, just once again look at them and hug them, enjoy every moment. that empty space, when that person is gone, we realize how important he/she meant to us.

The student who had made the video, showed, how in just few seconds the huge tower of World Trade Centre came down, leaving behind a big cloud of white dust everywhere. many people lost their family member, their friends, their colleagues.

Another gentleman explained how the coming nights became haunted. every citizen was afraid of thinking any other attack like this one.
it was hard to believe for those who survived the incident. did it really happen? will they never ever come back? will we never be able to see them again? the answer was .. NO. it must have been so hard for everyone to believe, so difficult to come out of the trauma of 9/11.


Life is just so unexpected. anything can happen anytime. why is it so, that human himself is becoming an enemy of humanity? what will they get by killing millions off lives? we all are the children of one almighty, we all are together, not separated.
I wish a day will come, when this whole world will be free from terrorism. stop killing and hurting others. no good will happen. fighting and killing is no option, but peace and harmony can always do wonders. and I believe a day will come when the incidents like 9/11 won't happen ever, no night will be haunted like before, and we all will believe in the one almighty!!


No comments:

Post a Comment