Monday 14 March 2016

When You Finally Find Yourself

I was on an unstable ground
pebbles and sand rushed under my feet
barren, cold stillness was all I found
the dullness was forcing me to scream

I was left in utter silence
because of the wrong that happened till now
the darkness beneath was shaking me till core
I couldn't see any path ahead to follow

all I discovered, was my life STILL
as far as my eyes went to see
the cold, dark desert was all I had
no creature visible to sigh by me.

the tears rushed out of my eyes
and reaching my cheeks, they tend to dry
just like the rain droplets, from the sky
meets the desert, destined to dry

I walked alone with barren feet
the loneliness killed my heart and mind
all I was able to see around me
was the desert stillness and cold dry breeze.

I lost all hopes to stand up again
the girl who never gave up, broke herself
regretting towards the step she took
and now she lost the battle. How sad!

through utter darkness, I saw some light
my eyes wide open and my heartbeat delight!
I saw a figure, an unearthly attraction
in fairy white, it came to my sight.

with a motherly affection, it held my hand
guiding me, he made me stand
the next I remember was, me with him
walking along the white light film

he took me to a sea shore
leaving my hand and walking besides
there was something so unusual in him
the love and care, I forgot everything

he kept his hand on my head..
Remember! I still couldn't see his face!
just like a father, he caressed me
and finally asked me, "At last! for what did you chase?"

the voice was something straight from my heart
I bent my head low, and said
"I wanted that "destiny" to be mine..
just the way I had wanted it to be kept!"

"look through, what you did in past!
don't you think, the future stands apart?
I am the writer and you are a mere player
remove the "I" and enjoy this part!

trust me at every step of your life..
I am just next to you, just call me aside!
through every difficulty of yours, I am there
nothing to worry, your destiny is here!

do what you are bound to do..but
remember not to hurt the others
because I didn't gave you any right to cut..
their feelings, from the thread I spun"

I asked him" for what would I do,
if others hurt you night and day!
won't you do the same to them?
or sit like coward, quitting to stay!"

he smiled and kissed my forehead softly
"Child! let them do what they want
for they are doing the wrong indeed, why
should you too take their wrong way?

life I gave you, is simply to short
never keep regrets for what they say!
play and enjoy the game I gave...
and live your life, for it may go vain!!

look at the mere butterfly there
it just has to live for one short day
but take a look at the colours it spreads
and enjoys its life to the fullest it can!"

I held his mighty hands in mine
and promised not to leave them again
for my life is really short indeed
where god came to make me realize this time!

I promised him to never give up again,
because I am just a mere player of "the game"
I knew he has surprises for me ahead,
so, why not burry the tears, and smile forward again..!!

-Shaambhavi

No comments:

Post a Comment